Tuesday, June 24, 2008

baby birdie


my grandma found this little bird who probably fell from its nest. i tried to take care of it. built it a nest. fed it. and in that small time i already felt attached to the little bird. knowing his/her fragile condition, i was very careful handling her. at one point when i tried to get close to her makeshift nest i said "baby!" and the little bird, though weak from the fall, suddenly was flapping her wings, opening her beak, and was coming towards me -even when her eyes were closed!.

when i tried to feed her, i would tap her beak and she would raise her head and open her beak, so very like the ones seen on tv!but i became soo scared at one moment after giving her food and water, blood was coming out of her mouth! i shouted "baby!" and she was like just flapping her wings and opening and closing her beak, trying to come towards me.
the bleeding would stop and go. i left her for a while as i needed to take a bath. she was still breathing i swear, but after my bath, i checked on her again and..she was dead. my baby birdie's dead. i wanted to cry.

then i went online and tried to research on how to take care of a little bird. to my shock, one entry says "don't try to give water as it might probably just get into their lungs". i was just sad, i was just trying to help..i know my baby birdie understands me. i never meant to get water into her lungs...

...goodbye baby birdie...i'm so sorry...

No comments: